Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 93


This was the only full day we had as a family to explore so we made the most of it!

We set out early to see the Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse just out of Dunsborough. Really quite fascinating (I love lighthouses!) although the narrow winding staircase freaked me out watching the kids bound up and down it! After we came back down the care taker told us about it's history, where it was made, how many ships were wrecked before it was put into commission etc. The really freaky part though, which I was glad to learn of AFTER coming down, was that it still had it's original staircase, ONE HUNDRED AND FREAK'N EIGHT YEAR OLD TIMBER staircase! OMG! I am so petrified of heights and it was so hard actually making myself go up there in the first place but if I knew that I would not have let us go!





If you're wondering where Scarlett is, Brett is trying to wrestle her away from the stairs!

Straight from here we went to the Ngilgi Cave near Yallingup. This was really quite awesome! We had a tour guide who took us into the cave and to the first landing and then let us go for it! After that we went up and down a million flights of stairs and at one point were 11 stories underground! I loved it down there, it was kind of an adventure for me without the danger and I knew it would be for the kids too! 10 points to Brett who carried Scarlett the whole way as she was afraid of the bears (don't ya know there are bears in Dora's cave?!) lol!


Pretty tired from all of our stair climbing we then headed towards Margaret River for some lunch but only got as far as the chocolate factory! No pics from here onwards as we were all ready for a nap!

No comments: