Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 89



It was our second last Stella day today. What a ride! I just love that she has grown to love me and while she is here, is just another of the kids, happiest sitting in the middle of it all being a part of the chaos!

She has bought a lot to our family as well. Before Stella started to visit I had a longing for another baby, I just didn't feel finished. Now, this is nothing bad about Stella at all but I am very happy with just our three now, I just don't think I have it in me to go through the baby/toddler/pre teen etc age for the fourth time. Sure I would always welcome another baby but you can bet it won't be a planned decision lol!!

Josh has loved having another baby in the house. He has always been good with babies(some times too over confident!), he has the patience and already posses the ability to entertain a baby while also watching tv/doing home work/playing xbox etc! In fact quite often Josh is laying down next to Stella watching tv or playing a game, not necessarily interacting with her, just being close. He does this with Scarlett too, it is so loving, Since having Stella he did ask for a brother but when I told him that we don't have a choice and could equally have another girl, he was happy with things as it is!! He is quite funny too, after he gets home from school he asks how my day was with the two girls and seems genuinely interested and concerned if it's been tough!

Isabella has developed patience and a real interest in Stella. While not totally into babies like a lot of other girls her age, she does love Stella and can often be found talking to her and is fabulous at singing to entertain her while I finish getting her bottle etc!

Scarlett, well . . . . wellllll ummmmmm there are some great moments where I am sure that she doesn't completely resent Stella's arrival!! Nah, I'm sure she does love Stella but I am also sure that it is pretty tough to suddenly have to share Mum when you have had complete and utter no access barred time with her usually and then to have to share time/cuddles/learn patience, well yeah, tough.

No comments: